Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Simplification and lights

So, I've been simplifying my approach, which is something I should have been doing a long time ago. Anyway, so I'm fleshing out my light source routines. I've got some light sources now that are connected to the agents, and follow the agent around when they move. These are simple fill lights and do not cast shadows; which will be replaced with actual light ray lights when I get to it. I've already got a few different kinds of lights, but I need more. Anyway, here is a screen shot of what it looks like so far. I can tell already that I'll need to deal with the offset problem, trying to get it centered directly on the agent, instead of its top left corner.

3 comments:

Joshua Day said...

I'm not sure why your off-by-one is happening here. Yes, ideally you'd use the distance from the center to the center, but that's the same distance as the corner to the corner. It should come out the same.

Anonymous said...

Ah, well, I've already fixed it. It was a simple off-by-one error in a nested loop. I'll post a new picture tomorrow, probably.

droid factorial said...

That picture brings back memories of recovery missions when I forgot to buy electroflares, leading to massive losses of squadies even after deciding to withdraw. Happened more times than it should have. Fun times.