Thursday, July 9, 2009

A bit more LOS


So I've implemented a very buggy LOS algorithm... but the main thing is that it's properly updating the vieport as the guy is moving around. Bugs: he's always facing south, also, It seems that light gets around single post objects much too easy. I'll work on this more tomorrow, but I've got to get some rest. In the picture above the X is actually the character. To differentiate the multiple @, I'm currently displaying the currently selected unit as an X. When I impliment color, this will be much easier. The << up stairs are actually the ramp up to the skyranger, so these should/are blocking the LOS-- more or less.

2 comments:

tormodh said...

Hi.

Still reading your posts. If I remember correctly, you work with Java. Have you thought about dropping a library that does LOS (and FOV) into your project?

I'm not sure of the status (or liveliness) on this, but I remember getting RLforJ ( http://rlforj.sourceforge.net/ ) up and running fairly easy. If nothing else, it got working code to build on.

Have fun :)

abagoforanges said...

I've thought about dropping in a library. Thanks for the RLforJ suggestion; I'm currently looking through its code.

Though, to be honest, part of why I'm doing this project is to force myself to solve problems.

Though, I suppose one way to solve a problem would be to avoid re-inventing the wheel. :-)