Thursday, September 25, 2008


So, slightly more exciting. I've got it generating a variable number of player characters. They also now properly move around (under user control) and you can tab between then. I've realized that my data structure is quite cumbersome, so I'll probably re-impliment part of it over the weekend using a better structure and such... it works fine now, but it's a big pile of spaghetti... which will easily become unmanageable as I add more things to it. Also, I need to learn how to set up some sort of CVS system or something. Also, you can't tell from this screen, but I have a variable-sized view-port that properly scrolls around (with prompting, of course) such that the level map could be something like 200*200 and the view-port only 25*25, and you could scroll around to see whatever parts of the level you wanted.

No comments: