Monday, October 6, 2008

Beginning of the redesign


After doing more thought and planning (of which I still need to do much more) I realized that I didn't have any way to easily change the color of the characters I was printing to the screen. I just started to rewrite my display manager class and I have a working proof-of-concept for this. each aspect of a world map/etc will be a 2 dimensional(or three dimensional once I implement different layers/levels) array that will store an object in each array index that will have two things: a character (to be displayed) and a short integer that will be plugged into an array which holds SimpleAttributeSets. I'm sure that this isn't the best way to do this, but it works. I'll leave it alone for now. I'm not sure if I want to have the array with characters and style attributes completely separate from the world array (which would hold linkedList objects to show which things are in a specific square), or if these would be one-and-the-same... and there would just be a public method in the world class that the display class can access (which will return an object with the character and style data)

No comments: