Saturday, October 18, 2008

More Geoscape

So, as you can see, I've done a bit more work with the geoscape. I've added the time/date window, which properly increments through arbitrary amounts of time and such (except it doesn't yet correct for leap year, as if that really matters) Also, I've added the 'controls' though, none of them do anything yet. However, I HAVE added zoom in and zoom out functions, though the x,y coords of the view screen don't change when you zoom in/out. (I'd like the zoom to focurs on whatever is in the center of the screen. Perhaps I'll fix that later. A few more lines of code and this will actually progress through time with the user being able to change how quickly time progresses. I currently have the capability for the world map to include differing colors, textures (IE, desert, arctic, etc) I just haven't gone in and changed any of the #s to something else. Once I get the time progressing, I'll add in the night/day progression when you can actually see where night and day are on the world map, then I'll add the layer(s) which will let me see where the (if any) bases are, and cities perhaps. (though I doubt I'll put in any cities right now, at least, not more than 2 or three, just enough to make sure it works. I think I'll have the cities be asterixes or something on the world map, and the ASCII characters will be followed by a sequence of city names, in the order that the asterixes were found in the map file. I could do the same the countries, except that I don't know how I would define country borders, through the map. I could make it a bit more simple, and just have a country's capital/center of mass or something be labeled and connected to it's starting pay amount... and anytime there is any activity that would cause a country to increase/decease its payout, the location where said thing happened will be calculated for its distance from the nearby countries. Or something... but I might not do that.

No comments: