Monday, October 13, 2008

I guess I could start with the beginnig



So, I've been cobbling things together, building stuff, writing LOTS of method stumps and stuff. I'm slowly plodding through, trying to implement things... allow myself to implement things in the future, etc. When the code is executed, this first window appears first. (It'll likely follow a nifty ASCII graphic image in the future)

Selecting "New game" causes the next image to appear, and from there, a WorldManager object is created with the proper difficulty level.
I find that as I do things, I write code in one method until I have a chunk of it that seems to go beyond what that method was meant to do, so I cut it out and put it in its own method. I don't know if this is the normal way of doing things; I've never programmed anything this large before.

I still have all of the tactical code that I wrote before, (only a fraction of what I'll eventually have) but it's just floating around in unacessable methods. Next I've got to build the 'geoscape' setup and get some of its functionality working. This is quite good fun, and once again, I should be doing Calculus 2.

No comments: